Contact: Cassandra Shaw cshaw1013 [at] gmail [dot] com Find me on LinkedIn.
I do social media stuff. Developing strategies, writing posts, running pages, designing graphics, facilitating social media events, paid advertising strategy, reporting — you name it, there’s a good chance I’ve done it.
Reingold, Inc.– Alexandria, VA
Senior Digital Media Associate, April 2015-Present
- Digital content strategist and developer for government, nonprofit, and association clients.
- Involved in “big picture” digital communication strategy from proposal to contract execution.
- Develops social media execution plans and monthly/longterm calendars based on approved communication strategies.
- Designs social media graphics.
National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund– Washington, DC
Communications and Digital Media Associate, April 2013-April 2015
- Managed Memorial Fund social media presence, serving as administrator for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Blogger. Plans social media strategy around all platforms to grow and engage our audience.
- Grew Facebook likes by 40% (~76k) since April 2013, with an average of 3,500 new likes per month. Doubled Facebook post organic reach from an average of 310k to 620k per month.
- Used Convio customer relationship management software to reach constituent mailing list of over 300,000 people, writing an average of 3 emails per week.
- Wrote copy for organization press releases, writing both narrative and news-ready releases, and manages distribution through targeted email blasts and a press release distribution service.
Stark Aerospace– Rosslyn, VA
Marketing/Communications Specialist, September 2012-April 2013
- Planned marketing strategy for company and worked with advertising agencies to establish company presence in major industry-specific publications.
- Managed $500K marketing budget and tracked spending and budget forecasts.
- Served as lead graphic designer for the company and was responsible for developing dynamic presentations, advertisements, brochures, event exhibits and product logos using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Maintained HTML and CSS content on company website. Wrote copy for new products/services and designed graphical web elements (Images, Banners, UI).
Metters Incorporated– McLean, VA
Communications Specialist, June 2010-September 2012
- Utilized Adobe Creative Suite to design graphical elements for company communications and marketing materials (banners, logos, charts, print, and web advertisements).
- Wrote and edited content for Metters’ social media outlets and planned a social media strategy involving the use of Facebook and LinkedIn to increase employee engagement.
- Participated in the development process for 25+ proposals each year. Organized and defined proposal objectives, developed “WIN” themes/strategies, and provided writing contributions. Sole graphic designer for proposal development; developed charts, graphs, cover pages, and headers on all proposals.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree, James Madison University May, 2010 Majored in: Media Arts and Design, Corporate Communication concentration Communication Studies, Interpersonal Communication concentration